Protect Yourself from Overdrawing Your Account
Always remember to maintain sufficient balances in your checking account to cover your transactions. BFSFCU offers the following services designed to help protect members from creating overdrafts on their accounts.
- e-Alerts: Receive email alerts to inform you when your account balance falls below a certain amount. You can use these as reminders to deposit or transfer money to your checking account. Create or modify your alerts securely from the Alerts menu within Online Banking.
- SafetyLink: As a free service, SafetyLink will transfer available funds from your designated savings account to cover checking account balance shortfalls. There are limits on certain withdrawals and transfers that may be made from Savings and Money Management Savings. Subject to availability, up to six preauthorized or automatic transfers of funds per month are permitted from your account to another of your accounts with us, or to a third party. See your Truth-in-Savings Disclosure for full details. You may submit a request to enroll in SafetyLink by downloading and completing the SafetyLink Enrollment Form and returning it to us.
- Line of Credit: In the event that you would like additional protection to cover shortfalls in your checking account, we also offer a Line of Credit. Apply now.
As a final measure, opt-in to overdraft service for ATM and everyday Visa® Debit Card transactions.
The only cost to you will be a $30 flat fee
charged for each overdraft paid. Our overdraft service has:
- NO enrollment fees
- NO annual or monthly fees
- NO maintenance fees, which means you pay nothing if you don't overdraw funds
Contact us to opt-in to overdraft service on ATM and everyday Visa Debit Card transactions; we are available 24x7 at (202) 212-6400.
If you ever change your mind, you always have the right to revoke and the overdraft service can be removed from your account by giving us a call.